Abdominal Injury? – How Much Compensation? – National Cases – Call Us > 0800 699 0079 – £££
If you want to start a claim for an abdominal injury then you should discuss your case with a lawyer specialising in abdominal injury claims such as Tylers Solicitors. This will ensure that your claim has the best chance of success, because we have the competence and professional expertise required to process a claim for abdominal injuries.
If you want to proceed with your abdominal accident injury compensation claim then you should call Tylers Solicitors freephone on 0800 699 0079 and we can then proceed to talk you through your abdominal accident injury compensation claim. Alternatively, if you are on your mobile phone, you can call 0333 577 0320, which is free to call with free minutes on your mobile phone.
Compensation Claims for Abdominal Injury and Disease
If you’ve suffered an injury or illness that affected your abdomen through no fault of your own, you could be able to claim compensation. Read on to discover more about the common types of abdominal personal injury, and find out whether you should contact a compensation claims solicitor.
Compensation amounts for abdominal injury and disease
- Food poisoning requiring hospital admission: £2,500 – £6,500
- Infertility (in women, causing severe depression and pain): £73,000 – £108,000
- Serious damage to both kidneys: £110,000 to £170,000
- Loss of bladder function: up to £90,000
- Direct inguinal hernia: £4,500 – £7,000
About abdominal injuries and diseases
Diseases and injuries which affect the abdomen can be incredibly serious, and can severely impact an individual’s quality of life. The abdomen is home to some of the body’s most important organs, including:
- Kidneys failure
- Liver Damage
- Intestinal Worms / Pain
- Spleen Injury
- Parasitic Infection
- Twisted Bowel
- Botched Bowel Obstruction
- Impacted Bowel
- Bowel Tumour
- Stomach Parasites
- Colon Blockage
- Stomach Blockage
- Colon Infection
- Twisted Intestine
- Parasites in Stool
- Bowel Transplant
- Bowel Stricture
- Perforated Bowel
Unfortunately, hundreds of people every year suffer from illnesses and injuries through no fault of their own – many of them affecting the abdomen area. But whether it’s a routine surgery gone wrong, a negligent employer or a restaurant with poor hygiene practices, you could be able to claim compensation for the pain and distress caused.
Compensation awards are calculated based on a number of factors. The severity of your injury or illness will be considered, as will any financial losses you’ve incurred as a result. If you’ve had to take time off work, or splash out for expensive treatment, you could be reimbursed entirely. There are also allowances for changes you need to make to your lifestyle – if you need full-time care or you cannot go back to work, the compensation award will reflect this.
If you’ve suffered an abdominal disease or injury that wasn’t your fault, get in touch with our team today to discuss your next steps.
Types of abdominal injury and illness
- Food poisoning – this is perhaps the most common abdominal illness, with thousands of cases coming through every year. Bacteria in contaminated food is the main cause. Food can become contaminated when it’s not cooked thoroughly, when it’s not stored properly, or when it’s handled by someone with poor hygiene.
- Kidney damage – the kidneys filter out the toxins from your body, sending them to the bladder for removal. Kidney damage can be caused by trauma (a car accident, for example), disease, severe dehydration or exposure to certain harmful pollutants.
- Stab wounds – if the abdomen is penetrated by a sharp object, it can cause severe injury to the organs within. Often these injuries are life-changing – victims can have trouble digesting food, and many experience bowel problems which go onto dictate their diet.
How compensation can help
Compensation can’t turn back the clocks on your illness or injury – but it can help you live a better quality of life in the aftermath. If you require medical attention, specialist equipment or a long period of time off work, compensation can support you and your family, and ensure you don’t experience financial problems as you recover.
Get in touch with our team of experience compensation claim solicitors to discover how much you could be awarded. If you have suffered an abdominal injury as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault then you may be able to make a claim. Call Tylers today on (freephone): 0800 699 0079 to see if you can make a claim today.