Acne (or commonly known as Pimples) is a condition which teenagers dread and adults do not talk about. Yet, the condition is common among people of all ages. The reason that adults and teenagers see more of an acne breakout is that the body produces more oil on the skin. When the oil gets blocked then the skin creates pustules and spots (pimples). Common areas where a person may see acne is on the face, shoulders, back, armpits, and groin area.
Where most acne can be treated with over the counter scrubs, lotions and medications, there are times when professional medical treatment is sought. This is true for situations where an individual has extreme acne or scars from acne.
Acne Negligence occurs when an individual has sought treatment with a nurse, doctor, or medical practitioner for removing the scars or acne and the person has suffered ill effects from such treatment. Typically, the individual who has been the victim of negligence will have visible scaring, skin irritation (such as a rash or a chemical burn), or multiple acne scars (which are usually temporary but still unsightly).
You should consider filing an Acne Negligence claim if:
- You were never disclosed information that treatment is always temporary and that future treatment of your acne will be mandatory. If a solicitor has promised you the complete removal of acne without any future breakouts then you may have grounds for a claim. As acne is a condition which is caused by the oils in the body and blockage on the surface of the skin, NO nurse, doctor, or medical practitioner can promise you 100% results with no reoccurrence.
- If you have undergone professional treatment for your acne (such as laser treatment/ demabrasion) and have not seen any improvement in your acne, then you may have grounds for a claim.
- If you have been chemically burned due to the negligence of a medical practitioner, nurse or doctor while treating your for acne, you may have grounds for a claim.
- Depending upon the contractual agreement of the patient and the performing professional, if you have paid for treatment of your acne, especially if you have had multiple treatments, and have not seen the results promised by the providing professional, you may be able to file a claim.
- If the laser surgery was ill performed leaving muscle damage or nerve damage to the area which was treated, you definitively have grounds for a compensation claim.
Acne affects most individuals, both teens and adults, and so a negligence case must show that the condition is an abnormality to normal acne treatment procedures. To claim negligence the person filing the claim has to show that:
- Another medical staff, doctor, or nurse practitioner could have performed the same/similar treatment without having such effects.
- That you were either not informed of the risks of the treatment or that the risks were greatly minimized.
- That the practising professional acted deliberately against your best interests (such as assuring you that you would be 100% clear of acne for life when in fact they knew that you would have multiple outbreaks which would require prolonged treatment).
You should keep in mind that conditions which are caused by the use of over the counter acne treatment products rarely have grounds for a claim as they are considered a “Use at your own risk” type of product. There are rare cases when compensation can be filed for such products and you are encouraged to contact us should you have questions concerning whether or not you have grounds for such claim.
As with any legal claim, your compensation is based upon the severity and the duration of your injury. In no way are you encouraged to enhance your suffering in hopes for a larger settlement. This is both illegal and dangerous. You are encouraged, however, to file your claim as soon as possible so that all the paperwork and the documentation can be presented to the courts within the required time stipulations. The longer a person waits to file any legal claim the lower that person’s odds are of having a successful compensation claim.
If you believe that you or your teenager has been the victim of Acne Treatment Negligence and would like to know more about your options for filing a compensation claim, please contact a member of the team here at Tyler’s Solicitors.
Our firm will work one on one with you to determine the best option to get you the compensation that you deserve. While we cannot promise you a specific amount, we can assure you that your case will be addressed personally and professionally. If you have any inquires about acne treatment negligence or any of our services please feel to ask.
Let’s Make Things Better
Start your claim today!
We accept Nationwide compensation claims
No matter where you were injured in the UK, Tylers Solicitors are just a telephone call away from giving you expert advice about your compensation claim. If you would like to contact us about claiming compensation in the UK then telephone 0800 699 0079 today for a no obligation chat.