Cardiac Surgery Compensation Claim
If you want to start a claim for Cardiac Surgery compensation then you should discuss your case with a specialist lawyer who deals with Cardiac Surgery cases such as Tylers Solicitors. This will ensure that your compensation claim has the best chance of success, because Tylers Solicitors have the competence and professional expertise required to process a claim for Cardiac Surgery.
If you want to proceed with your Cardiac Surgery compensation claim then you should call Tylers Solicitors (freephone) on 0800 699 0079 who can then proceed to talk you through your Cardiac Surgery compensation claim. Alternatively, if you are on your mobile phone, you can call 0333 577 0320, which is free to call with free minutes on your mobile phone. We are a no win no fee Cardiac Surgery personal injury solicitors.
- Injured in the last 3 years?
- Not your fault?
- Seeking Compensation?
Freephone: 0800 699 0079
(We deal with cases all over the UK)
24 Hours – 7 Days A Week
Cardiovascular disease is the leading causes of death in males and females worldwide. As our diagnosis and management techniques for cardiac problems improve, the incidence of cardiac surgery also rises. Cardiac surgery can be extremely invasive and recovery time extensive depending on your age, health and other factors. Technology and the advanced techniques that are being used are making cardiac surgery much more effective and much better for the patient.
A surgical team has the ability to perform surgery on the patient without opening up the chest. The cardiac surgeon uses robot assisted technology to perform cardiac surgery with very small incisions and precise control that couldn’t be previously performed by hand. Incisions made during the surgery to the cardiac patient can be less than two inches versus a 3-5 inch incision made manually by the heart surgeon performing the operation.
Now, these procedures aren’t available to every heart surgery candidate. It all depends on the specific heart condition and if a minimally invasive surgery would be an advantage over traditional methods used.
If you are a candidate for these advanced techniques for your cardiac surgery, these are some of the advantages to receiving this advanced surgical method:
- Smaller incisions can also mean a much smaller scar.
- There could be significantly less bleeding.
- There is more precise control and the possibility that the chest isn’t opened, means far less pain.
- Recovery time in the hospital after the cardiac surgery is reduced significantly after the operation. While it can be a week to 10 days for traditional surgery, a minimally invasive method can last two to six days.
- Recovery time post operation when released from the hospital is significantly reduced also. While it can be five to eight weeks with traditional surgery, this type of surgery reduces recovery to about one to four weeks.
The complications with heart surgery will differ between each patient, however, here are the more common associated complications.
- Blood clots
- Damage to blood vessels surrounding the heart
- Excessive bleeding, which may lead to a blood transfusion
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Ischemic heart damage (Damage caused to the heart tissue due to a lack of blood reaching the heart.)
- Cardiac Tamponade /Pericardial Tamponade (A life threatening condition, where by the sac surrounding the heart fills with blood, preventing it from working properly.)
- Neurological disorders- blood clots can prevent oxygen from being carried to the brain which can cause vision problems, paralysis, epilepsy, cerebral palsy, and memory loss, to name a few
Although rare, there have been instances where heart operation problems have arisen; whereby surgeons have made errors, exercising less than adequate medical judgement, causing avoidable suffering. Medical negligence surrounding heart surgery can range from misdiagnosis, to failing to adequately perform surgery, ending in further injury.
If you have suffered problems with cardiac surgery or any other issues as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault or due to someone else’s negligence then you may be able to make a claim. Call Tylers today on (freephone): 0800 699 0079 to see if you can make a claim today.