Got a Question?
- Why Should I Claim for My Cauda Equina Syndrome?
- What is Cauda Equina Syndrome?
- How Much Compensation Could I Be Entitled to for Cauda Equina Syndrome?
- What are the Symptoms of Cauda Equina Syndrome?
- Is Tylers a No-Win, No-Fee Cauda Equina Syndrome Solicitor?
- How Can I Make a Claim for Cauda Equina Syndrome Compensation?
- How Long Before I Can Claim?
- Where Can I Find More Information on Cauda Equina Syndrome?
Albeit rare, cauda equina syndrome has been shown to affect different people in the UK, bringing with it other health, social and even psychological problems.
Most of the times, the effects of this condition are facilitated by the negligence of related medical personnel who fail to diagnose and/or treat the problem early enough. This is what necessitates cauda equina syndrome compensation claims to get justice and monetary compensation for damages caused.
Cauda equina syndrome is a medical condition that affects a bundle of nerves known as the cauda equina which are usually located at the rear end of the spinal cord. The condition occurs when these nerves are pressed against, cutting off the connection to vital organs in the lower body and back as well as the brain.
Common causes of this condition include the following:
- Infection or fractures in the region.
- Development of a tumour in the region.
- A herniated disk.
- Narrowing of the spinal cord.
The nerves making up the cauda equina are responsible for collecting information from the lower body organs, limbs and pelvic organs alike. They then relay this information back to the brain for proper movement and body functionality. As such, development of this condition in the body reduces such bodily processes and causes other body conditions such as the following:
- Pain in the back area and especially around the rear.
- Bowel and/or bladder dysfunction.
- Sexual incapability.
- Numbness in the legs. This may also develop to paralysis of the lower body.
However, the effects of the condition differ in intensity and nature in different patients.
The amount of cauda equina syndrome compensation paid depends on the extent of the damage caused by the condition. Several factors are taken into consideration when determining the amount payable. These include:
- Health problems and other medical conditions like paralysis that may arise in the body as a result of the condition.
- Medical expenses incurred.
- Psychological and emotional trauma and stress experienced.
- Bodily pain and inconveniences spanning the patient’s social, financial and love life.
To this end, while compensation for most patients amounts to thousands of pounds, other patients have been compensated as much as £1.1 million.
Owing to the nature of the condition as well as other factors like the area infected, most people do not differentiate the signs and symptoms properly. To this end, the symptoms are shrugged off as common results of hard work and fatigue among others.
However, this condition comes with certain common symptoms and signs which include:
- Pain in the lower back. The pain may develop in time to become chronic and persistent.
- Problems in the bowel and bladder. This may also develop to affect the sexual organs.
- Numbness in the affected area and the lower limbs.
It is important that these signs and symptoms be reported early to a certified doctor for comprehensive medical check-up. Early diagnosis of the condition significantly increases the chances of treatment, consequently eliminating the other negative conditions which arise from its development.
For clients’ convenience, our services are charged depending on the outcome of the cauda equina syndrome compensation claim. To this end, we are a “no win no fee” compensation claims solicitor. This means that payment for the legal services provided are made only after successful compensation. As such, clients can make claims confidently without worrying about the financial costs that come with the legal services.
Victims of cauda equina syndrome owing to an act of negligence by the relevant medical personnel can easily and successfully make compensation claims. The compensation claim can be presented in court through our team of well trained and experienced lawyers.
There are however several prerequisites to establishing a strong basis for the claim. These ensure that the claim is indeed justified and that the chances of compensation are high. These prerequisites include:
- Medial evidence that you are indeed suffering from the condition.
- Proof that the development of the condition thus far is as a result of someone else’s negligence.
- Evidence of the expenses and other inconveniences that come with the condition.
Your cauda equina compensation claims lawyer will however guide you through these processes to ensure that the injustice done to you is acknowledged by the legal system and justice as well as monetary compensation made.
There is no specified time period set in place during which you should make your compensation claim. However, the claim cannot be made before first meeting the necessary prerequisites. As such, the waiting period before you can make the claim will primarily depend on the amount of time it takes to meet the prerequisites.
It is important to collect all the relevant information relating to the cauda equina syndrome as well as the legal compensation claim procedure. Comprehensive information will guide you through dealing with the condition and also give you an upper hand in keeping track of the case proceedings.
You can find out more information concerning the condition from your doctor or any other certified medical professional. You can alternatively scout for information from medical websites and other medical resources like PDFs and medical journals.
You can also get comprehensive guidance about the legal procedure from our team of educated and experienced lawyers. They will take you through all the issues relating to the case to ensure that you are fully versed with the case for surety during the case proceedings.
Cauda equina syndrome comes with negative side-effects. These may affect your body’s health arising in other conditions like paralysis and even disturb your work, social and love life. They may also lead to hefty medical expenses in a bid to treat the condition.
Fortunately, it is easy to file a compensation claim and get justice and monetary compensation for the damages caused. This goes a long way in bringing closure and meeting the medical expenses that may arise from the condition.
Contact Tylers Solicitors today!
If you would like to make a compensation claim for a cauda equina syndrome case then call Tylers Solicitors today for a no-obligation chat on (freephone) 0800 699 0079 today!
Let’s Make Things Better
Start your claim today!
We accept Nationwide compensation claims
No matter where you were injured in the UK, Tylers Solicitors are just a telephone call away from giving you expert advice about your compensation claim. If you would like to contact us about claiming compensation in the UK then telephone 0800 699 0079 today for a no obligation chat.