Cheek Augmentation or implants is a procedure which sculpts or reshapes the contours of the face, specifically on the cheekbones, to improve the aesthetics of the face. This procedure may be part of a reconstructive surgery or as part of a cosmetically opted surgery. Regardless of the reasons behind such a procedure, the client expects that the results will enhance their looks. Yet, what does one do when the surgery is over and the person looking back in the mirror is deformed, scared, or altered poorly? Filing a compensation claim may be the answer. Here is what you need to know.
While there are some common issues such as bruising and swelling which will occur after surgery. Any prolonged symptom should be taken as a serious indicator that something is amiss. Symptoms of an infection to a cheek augmentation or implant typically occur within 10 to 21 days of a surgery. Symptoms may include:
- Visible veins
- Bruising of the cheek
- Rash or redness on the cheekbones
- Visible lack of symmetry in the face
- Drooping of the cheeks
- Difficulty in opening and closing the jaw
- Popping when the jaw is opened or closed
- Bleeding Skin
- Cracking or flaking of the skin
Any concerns which you have regarding a chin augmentation or implant should be brought to the attention of a doctor, nurse, or medical practitioner immediately. It is advised that counsel be sought from another professional than the one which performed the procedure to ensure a non-biased diagnosis.
Compensation for negligence can be filed for errors during the procedure, for negligence on the medical staff, for rehabilitation neglect, for improper professionalism during the surgery, or for the lack of proper precautions to ensure the safety of the client.
- Those which have had cheek implants which were not properly implanted into the cheeks resulting in drooping of the cheeks or tissue surrounding the area may have grounds for a claim, especially if the implant has caused the skin around the eye to sag resulting in vision impairments.
- Individuals who have experienced bleeding, cracking, or other visible damage to the face as a result of failed chin augmentation/implants have grounds for a claim.
- If you have had augmentation done on the cheek bones which resulted in the inability to move the jaw or resulted in a limited movement of the jaw, you may have grounds for a claim.
- Anyone who has had to undergo additional cheek augmentation as a result of another doctor, nurse, or medical practitioner’s negligence on a prior augmentation may have grounds for a claim, specifically if that person can show documented evidence that the prior procedure was conducted in a negligent manner.
- Rehabilitation treatments which were administered to the client resulting in a compromise of integrity to an implant or to the augmentation of the cheeks may have grounds for a claim.
- Even if you have signed a liability waiver for your surgery, you may still have grounds for a claim depending on the language of the waiver, the grossness of the negligence, as well as the local interpretation of the waiver. Do not be discouraged by such, especially if the waiver was required prior to the services (which proved to be negligent) being performed.
If you believe that you have grounds for a compensation claim, it is advised that you seek both the diagnosis of a medical professional regarding your check augmentation/implant as well as the advice of a compensation professional.
Filing a claim must be done within the allotted time. A failure to file quickly could result in a denial of your claim. When filing, a compensation claim the time in which a person waited before filing the claim, the gravity of the negligence, the amount of pain and suffering, the loss of wages, and other factors will come into play. It is therefore advised that anyone seeking to file a claim use a professional claims service to maximize their chances of success. A claims expert will be able to review your specific case and then based upon the evaluation of the details present you with the best option to get the compensation that you deserve.
If you have suffered Failed Kidney Augmentation as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault then you may be able to make a claim. Call Tylers today on (freephone): 0800 699 0079 to see if you can make a claim today.
Let’s Make Things Better
Start your claim today!
We accept Nationwide compensation claims
No matter where you were injured in the UK, Tylers Solicitors are just a telephone call away from giving you expert advice about your compensation claim. If you would like to contact us about claiming compensation in the UK then telephone 0800 699 0079 today for a no obligation chat.