Failed Chin Augmentation
If you want to start a claim for Failed Chin Augmentation then you should discuss your case with a lawyer specialising in Failed Chin Augmentation claims such as Tylers Solicitors. This will ensure that your claim has the best chance of success, because we have the competence and professional expertise required to process a claim for Failed Chin Augmentation.
If you want to proceed with your Failed Chin Augmentation compensation claim then you should call Tylers Solicitors freephone on 0800 699 0079 and we can then proceed to talk you through your Failed Chin Augmentation compensation claim. Alternatively, if you are on your mobile phone, you can call 0333 577 0320, which is free to call with free minutes on your mobile phone.
Got a Question?
- Is It Possible to Claim for Failed Chin Augmentation?
- Can I Make a Medical Negligence / Personal Injury Claim After Signing a Waiver of Liability?
- What are the Signs of a Failed Chin Augmentation / Implant?
- Am I Eligible to File a Claim for Failed Chin Augmentation / Implant?
- When Should I File My Claim for Compensation?
- Injured in the last 3 years?
- Not your fault?
- Seeking Compensation?
Freephone: 0800 699 0079
(We deal with cases all over the UK)
24 Hours – 7 Days A Week
Identification of a person is primarily focused on the face. In some studies it has been shown that a person’s character is determined within 10 seconds of a person looking at another person’s facial features. Among the features of the face which defines the attraction or repulsion is the chin. For many people, having chin augmentation or implants is a method which can drastically increase their self-esteem and their physical appearance. However, for some the augmentation or implant can have damaging lifelong effects. If you believe that you have been a victim of failed chin augmentation or implants here is what you should know.
With many surgeries, which are deemed as cosmetic or non-essential surgeries, the doctor, nurse, or medical practitioner will require that a waiver of liability be signed prior to the surgery. And while these waivers do present an obstacle in filing a compensation claim, they do not necessarily render the claim moot. If the claim was a prerequisite to services, you may still file a claim based upon the language of the waiver, the location of critical language, the negligence performed during the procedure, the cause of the negligence, as well as local legislation regarding waivers of liability.
If you feel like you should file a negligence claim, do not be deterred by a liability waiver. Seeking out the professional experience of a compensation expert may allow you to gain the compensation you deserve.
When a person has chin augmentation or implant surgery, the chin is sculpted by either reshaping the bone or by implanting material into the chin to make it more pronounced. Because this is a surgery there are common complications including Bruising, slight movement of the implant, and swelling. However, these things should be minimal. Prolonged bruising or swelling may be a sign of a failed augmentation or implant. Additional symptoms include:
- Blood Clots
- Infection of the chin
- Visible misalignment of the chinbone
- Fluid accumulation under the skin
- Discoloration of the skin
- Rash or redness on the chin
It is advised that those which have any of the above symptoms seek medical attention from a doctor, nurse, or medical practitioner as soon as possible to minimize the risk of serious or fatal injury (such as a blood clot).
Compensation claims for a failed chin augmentation or implant can be filed for mistakes made by the medical staff, for errors, for negligence, as well as for the lack of care and treatment of the patients. Note that those currently undergoing treatment or rehabilitation are encouraged to continue such treatment until released by a doctor, nurse, or medical practitioner.
- If you have had chin augmentation and the bone was not set properly after sculpting, resulting in blood infection, you may have grounds for a claim.
- Sculpting which was misrepresentative of actual results may have grounds for a claim, specifically if there is substantial proof to show misguidance or misrepresentation of the services performed.
- Those which have had to undergo additional augmentation due to poorly provided prior augmentation may have grounds for a claim.
- Implants which have been recalled may have grounds for a claim if the doctor, nurse, or medical practitioner had knowledge of the risk of recall or defects
- Chin implants which have shown considerable movement may have grounds for a claim if the movement goes beyond acceptable common shifting.
- Anyone who has permanent scaring or tissue damage as a result of a chin augmentation or implant definitively has grounds for a claim.
- Anyone who received improper rehabilitation for his or her surgery may be able to file a claim, especially if the aftercare of the person, or lack thereof, resulted in elevating the damage of the faulty chin augmentation or implant.
Any person who feels that they have grounds for a claim should seek the advice of a compensation expert to determine the substantiality of their claim.
There is a timeframe in which you are allowed to file a compensation claim. Documentation as well as medical proof of negligence is expected when filing such a claim and must be presented in the proper time and on the proper forms. Additionally, the claim must show negligence beyond that which is common to the practice. Compensation is determined by the length of suffering, the loss of wages, the grossness of the negligence, and many other factors. It is strongly advised that you seek the professional assistance of a compensation claims expert in order to file your claim. The professional will be able to evaluate your specific case and present you with the options best suited to get the compensation which you deserve.
If you have suffered Failed Chin Augmentation as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault then you may be able to make a claim. Call Tylers today on (freephone): 0800 699 0079 to see if you can make a claim today.