Hand Injury Compensation Claim
If you want to start a claim for Hand Injury compensation then you should discuss your case with a specialist lawyer who deals with Hand Injury cases such as Tylers Solicitors. This will ensure that your Hand Injury compensation claim has the best chance of success, because Tylers Solicitors have the competence and professional expertise required to process a claim for Hand Injury injury sufferers.
If you want to proceed with your Hand Injury compensation claim then you should call Tylers Solicitors (freephone) on 0800 699 0079 who can then proceed to talk you through your Hand Injury compensation claim. Alternatively, if you are on your mobile phone, you can call 0333 577 0320, which is free to call with free minutes on your mobile phone. We are a no win no fee Hand Injury personal injury solicitors.
- Injured in the last 3 years?
- Not your fault?
- Seeking Compensation?
Freephone: 0800 699 0079
(We deal with cases all over the UK)
24 Hours – 7 Days A Week
Your hand is a very important part of your body that quite possibly a huge number of people take for granted. For instance, if you was to lose your hand through an accident, or they have had their amputated because too much damage was caused, then it can seriously effect the confidence of that person, not only because of the way they look, but with the frustrations of everyday life and finding it difficult to do even the easiest of tasks.
This can depend on the severity of the damage to the hands as there are many different types of injury. Below is a rough guideline of what you can expect to be compensated with if you are putting forward a compensation claim for your hand injury.
- Minor (mild) hand injury – Between £650 to £3,000
- Moderate hand injury – £3,400 to £10,000
- Severe hand injury – £22,000 to £48,000
- Loss of one hand – £77,000 – £88,000
- Loss of both hands – £110,000 – £150,000
The hands are quite delicate as there are many small bones that can be damaged after an accident. The human hand consists of a total of 27 bones along with 4 fingers and a thumb. The main bones are the metacarpal bones, which accommodate the hand along with other bones such as the carpal bones and phalanges of the fingers.
Common tendon problems within the hand are tendonitis (related to diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis) & tenosynovitis (an inflammation of the tendon sheaths lining caused by strain or overuse).
- De Quervains Tendonitis – probably more related to the wrist than the hand. A swelling of the tendons.
- Extensor Tendon Injuries – closely related to mallet finger after damage is caused to the extensor tendons at the back of the hand.
- Flexor Tendon Laceration – These tendons extend from the hands to the flexor muscles in the forearm which help to bend or flex the fingers.
- Trigger Finger – There is a slick lining within the fingers that can become swollen or inflamed, which then forms a knot within the lining. This is called trigger finger due to the finger becoming crooked. The finger becomes painful and in many cases the finger becomes locked in position. If this is the case then surgery will be required to loosen the tendon to allow it to move more freely.
There are many types of accidents that can cause damage to the hand
- Accidents at work
- Motorbike Accidents & Cycle Road Traffic Accidents
- Crushed hand in industrial machinery
- Slips, Trips & Falls on pavements, shops, supermarkets, etc.
Your hand injury may be hindering your life to a point where you are finding it difficult to live your life. You may need to get back to work to pay your bills but you can’t because your hand(s) are/were injured due to the irresponsibility of somebody else. You may need to pay medical bills which are mounting up, which can lead to further illnesses such as stress.
If you would like to make a compensation claim for a Hand Injury case then call Tylers Solicitors today for a no-obligation chat on (freephone) 0800 699 0079 today!