Housemaids Knee Compensation Claims
Housemaid’s knee is a common illness which can affect people from all industries. Also known as Prepatellar Bursitis, this can be an extremely uncomfortable and debilitating injury which can affect not just your working life, but your professional one too. There is, unfortunately, very little treatment available for an illness such as housemaid’s knee, but you will normally be able to recover through rest and relaxation.
While that is good news for anyone suffering from the illness, it can be precious little comfort to those who aren’t given the opportunity to rest their injury. Thanks to the professional team at Tyler’s Solicitors, we can help you to get the personal injury compensation you need to ensure you can afford to take time away from work to recuperate.
- Injured in the last 3 years?
- Not your fault?
- Seeking Compensation?
Freephone: 0800 699 0079
(We deal with cases all over the UK)
24 Hours – 7 Days A Week
Housemaid’s knee is common among people who spend a great deal of their time kneeling or even a short amount of time on their knees on hard surfaces. It is caused by the inflammation of the bursa, which is a small, fluid-filled sac directly in front of the kneecaps. Bursae are present in joints all over your body, and work to reduce the friction of your bones as they move.
If these bursae are made to swell due to extended stress on the joints, they can make movement of all kinds both difficult and uncomfortable. In addition to more common injuries as a result of extended stress, housemaid’s knee can be caused by a range of other issues, including:
- One-off Injuries – Any sudden impact to your knee can lead to a swollen bursa. This trauma could be something as simple as a trip or fall onto a hard surface.
- Infections – If you suffer a cut or other injury to your knee, it is possible that germs can enter your bursa through the wound. This can cause your bursa to swell just as much as more common injuries.
- A Symptom of Inflammatory Diseases – If you are suffering from another kind of joint-related illness, such as arthritis, then the risks of developing a swollen bursa is increased.
- Gout – If you suffer from gout, you are equally as vulnerable to the illness as if you suffer from arthritis. Gout is caused by a build-up of acidic crystals in the joints which can be another cause of pain, inflammation and joint swelling.
The treatments available to you for housemaid’s knee are largely dependent on the cause of the illness. If your healthcare professional suspects that the illness has been caused by an infection, then they will usually prescribe anti-biotics. In some cases, they may need to draw some of the fluid from your knee to run effective tests. If the infection becomes extremely severe, it is possible that you will be admitted to hospital to allow for intravenous antibiotics.
If you haven’t contracted prepatellar bursitis thanks to an infection, it is likely that more supportive treatments will be required. While anti-inflammatory medication, such as ibuprofen, can help, they will not be enough to resolve the issue. These can include:
- Resting the Knee.
- Using Ice Packs to Reduce the Swelling.
- Kneeling on softer surfaces, such as thick cushions or even kneepads.
- Minor Physiotherapy.
- A Cane to Help with Walking to Reduce Stress on the Knee.
Whether you’re suffering from housemaid’s knee thanks to infection or direct stress to the joint, you will need time off work to deal with the issue and prevent it from leading to long-term damage or more complex problems. That’s where the personal injury team of professional solicitors at Tylers comes in.
Here at Tyler’s Solicitors, we have helped people from all kinds of industries to develop personal injury claims against a wide range of businesses. We can help you to get the compensation you need to rest and recuperate from your illness.
Our professional team of no-win, no-fee lawyers are here to help you get your hands on the compensation you deserve. You aren’t required to put any money into the case at all, so you’ve really got nothing to lose when you choose to hand your case over to our professional team. We aren’t afraid to take on large businesses to make sure you get the compensation and the justice you need.
To find out if you’re eligible for housemaid’s knee personal injury compensation, get in touch with our specialised team today. We will work with you and talk you through your case to help you understand if you have a viable claim against your employees.
You can reach our professional team today by calling us directly on 0800 699 0079. If you prefer, you can email us directly at email@example.com and we’ll get back in touch as soon as we can.