Legionnaires Disease? – How Much Compensation? – National Cases – Call Us > 0800 699 0079 – £££
Legionnaires’ Disease Compensation Claim
If you want to start a claim for legionnaires’ disease compensation then you should discuss your case with a specialist lawyer who deals with legionnaires disease’ cases such as Tylers Solicitors. This will ensure that your legionnaires disease compensation claim has the best chance of success, because Tylers Solicitors have the competence and professional expertise required to process a claim for legionnaires’ disease sufferers.
If you want to proceed with your legionnaires disease compensation claim then you should call Tylers Solicitors (freephone) on 0800 699 0079 who can then proceed to talk you through your legionnaires’ disease compensation claim. Alternatively, if you are on your mobile phone, you can call 0333 577 0320, which is free to call with free minutes on your mobile phone. We are a no win no fee legionnaires disease personal injury solicitors.
What is Legionnaires’ Disease?
The poor maintenance of water systems is what causes the potentially deadly infection known as Legionnaires’ disease. The most common sources for outbreaks of the disease are highly populated public buildings, offices and hospitals. Additionally, Legionnaires’ Disease accounts for upwards of 2% of pneumonia cases that appear within hospitals. The symptoms that are associated with the ailment are very uncomfortable in addition to being incredibly unpleasant. Typically, those that suffer from the disease experience diarrhoea, vomiting and chest pains. The death rate is approximately 10% in regards to patients that were previously healthy.
In the event that you or a loved one develops legionnaires’ disease, you very well may be entitled to make a compensation claim. It is the responsibility of building owners to ensure that the conditions are safe and will not pose a hazard to anyone that enters. An outbreak can become tragic when the processes of maintenance and standards of hygiene begin to slip.
The following will guide you through the most common questions that are associated with the filing of a Legionnaires’ Disease personal injury claim.
How much compensation can you claim for a Legionnaires’ Disease injury?
The compensation, verdicts and settlements that are associated with Legionnaires’ lawsuits tend to be based upon multiple factors that include the following:
- Whether or not the infected party has died. Survivors of the victim are able to file a wrongful death claim.
- Whether or not the party that is liable is insured against claims such as these as well as other financial considerations
- The severity of the disease within the effected party as well as whether or not there are permanent complications that will affect the victim’s future health.
- The occupation and age of victim and the potential loss of both current and future income due to their ongoing health problems.
Once these factors have been taken into account, the amount of the compensation can be determine. Each case is unique and must be handled in such a manner.
How to tell the symptoms & how to get diagnosed?
The symptoms that are associated with Legionnaires’ disease are virtually similar to the flu or pneumonia. It is very easy for a medical professional to misdiagnose the disease as either of the two as a case that is unrelated to Legionnaires’ pneumonia. The following are some of the most common symptoms that are associated with the disease:
- High fever
- Joint and muscle pain
- Shortness of breath
- Abdominal pain
A proper diagnosis can only be achieved via either a urine analysis or a blood test. With that being said, should you suspect that you are experiencing symptoms that you feel are more serious than a mere case of the flu or pneumonia, request the testing.
This is a disease that is classed as a “notifiable disease” and that means that if a general practitioner diagnoses a case, they are required to report it. This reporting leads to an investigation in regards to where the exposure originated from as well as taking the proper steps to ensure no further spreading of it.
How to make a Legionnaires’ Disease injury compensation claim?
In order for a successful claim to be crafted against a company or an individual that has been alleged to be responsible for the contraction of the disease, the person filing the claim must prove the following:
- That they were exposed the bacteria that causes Legionnaires’ Disease
- The exposure occurred within the confines of the premises that has been named within the claim
- The exposure to the disease was due to the negligence of the operator or the owner of the premises
- The exposure has definitely resulted into a confirmed diagnosis of the disease
How long until I can claim compensation for a Legionnaires’ Disease injury?
It may take a great deal of time for a claim to produce compensation once a claim has been filed. There are a number of things that need to be done. Legal representation is a must when seeking compensation and that representation will be responsible to the following:
- The investigating of the exposure scene
- Interviewing other disease victims (if applicable) and witnesses
- Securing of the reports from local health departments and/or those of representative of agencies that have made the epidemiologic investigation
- Gathering any and all medical reports that are relevant to the claim
- Estimating your personal injury value
- Negotiations with the insurance company of the liable party
- Court representation (as needed)
- Engaging qualified experts in order to provide testimony and opinions within the claim
Contact Tylers Solicitors today!
If you would like to make a compensation claim for a legionnaires’ disease case then call Tylers Solicitors today for a no-obligation chat on (freephone) 0800 699 0079 today!