Mobility Scooter Accident? – How Much Compensation? – UK National Cases – Call Us > 0800 699 0079 – £££
Although they might seem harmless enough, mobility scooters, or invalid carriages, can cause a great deal of damage in certain circumstances. More and more people are choosing to make the most of these mobility vehicles and, as a result, the number of mobility scooter accident claims has soared. Whether you’ve been hit by a mobility scooter or you were the one driving who has been involved in an accident, get in touch with our professional team of no-win, no-fee specialists today to see if you’re able to make a claim.
Here at Tylers Solicitors, we can offer comprehensive personal injury services. Our no-win, no-fee lawyers have worked with people across the UK to help them get the compensation that they deserve. Whether you were operating the invalid carriage, or you’ve been hit by someone else driving one, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim against the other party.
Can I Make Mobility Scooter Accident Claims?
If you’ve been involved in any kind of accident with an invalid carriage, then you may be able to make a claim. It doesn’t matter whether you were driving the scooter or not – so long as the incident was the fault of a third-party, you’ll be able to make an effective compensation claim against them. In some cases, you might be able to make a compensation claim against a business or establishment if they are the reason for your accident.
What Kinds of Accidents Involving a Mobility Aid can be Claimed for?
There is a wide range of different potential incidents which could result in mobility scooter accident claims. Just some of the most common kinds of accidents include:
- Car Accidents – If a car or other vehicle impacts with your invalid carriage, especially if you are on a pedestrian crossing or on the pavement, then you will be eligible to make a compensation claim against the driver. Their negligent driving could not only lead to damage to your body, but can cause your scooter itself to break. In these circumstances, you could receive compensation for a new scooter in addition to the pain and suffering they have caused.Alternatively, a disability vehicle could have impacted with your car while you were parked. In this instance, you might be able to claim for repairs against the user of the scooter.
- Pedestrian Impacts – If a pedestrian has caused damage to your mobility scooter, or if you have been hit by an invalid carriage while on foot, you may be able to make a compensation claim. This could be essential when it comes time to pay for repairs or replacements to your mobility aid, or if you are forced to suffer impaired movement or other pains because of this impact.
- Environmental Accidents – If you fall off your invalid carriage due to uneven surfaces on private property, you may be able to make a claim for your pain and suffering. For example, if you fall while in a store, a shopping centre or at work. In this case, you would be claiming directly against the business which caused your fall.
Facts About Mobility Scooter Use in the UK
Before you start attempting to make mobility scooter accident claims, it might help to know a few essential facts about invalid carriages. In some cases, knowing the law can change how accidents are viewed. If you’re breaking any of the following rules, then it is likely that your compensation claims will be unsuccessful.
- The Speed Limit – You aren’t allowed to go faster than 4mph on the pavement while operating a mobility scooter. Going faster than this may invalidate any compensation claims.
- Right of Way – According to S38 of the Highway Code, pedestrians have the right of way on the pavement. That means that if you collide with a pedestrian while operating a mobility scooter, it is likely your fault.
- Types of Invalid Carriage – There are two main types of mobility aid in use today. Class 2 carriages are only allowed on the pavement or on pedestrian crossings. Class 3 scooters can be used on both the pavement and the road.
Contact Tylers for No-Win, No-Fee Mobility Scooter Accident Claims in the UK
The Tylers team of no-win, no-fee solicitors specialise in a wide range of personal injury compensation claims in the UK. Whether you were operating the invalid carriage involved or you were the one hit by the mobility scooter, so long as the incident wasn’t your fault, you should be entitled to compensation.
For more information on our wide range of personal injury services, don’t hesitate to get in touch our professional team today. You can reach us directly on 0800 699 0079 to talk to our specialist team today. Alternatively, you can email our no-win, no-fee solicitors today by calling us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you.