Got a Question?
- What Types of Injury Could I Claim following a Package Holiday?
- How Much Compensation Could I Claim?
- What are the Symptoms of Package Holiday Injuries?
- Is Tylers a No-Win, No-Fee Compensation Claims Solicitor?
- Where Can I Find More Information?
- How Would I Make a Claim for Compensation?
- How Long Until I Can Make A Claim?
- Will Tylers Personal Injury Solicitors Take On My Claim for Compensation?
What Types of Injury Could I Claim following a Package Holiday?
Personal injury suffered during a holiday can not only be painful but also a big strain on one’s finances. To prevent such a situation from happening, a person can make a package holiday compensation claim.
As with any legal action, the first step is to determine the type of injury you have sustained. Injuries can be of the following type:
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Boat and Sailing Accidents
- Accident while on excursion
- Natural disaster such as an earthquake
- Food poisoning
- Drinking contaminated water
- Injury while participating in recreational sports
After one has determined the type of injury, the next step is to file for compensation.
The accurate amount that can be claimed depends on the type of injury suffered. The following list gives a rough estimate of the compensation amount that can be claimed if you are injured.
- Brain damage – £177,100- £326,700
- Broken nose – £1,700- £18,700
- Cardiovascular damage – £53,000 – £121,000
- Back injuries – £31,500 – £130,000
- Fractures – £5,000 – £23,000
The first step towards taking legal action against a third party is to determine the extent of damage caused by the accident. To do this, not only is visiting the medical examiner crucial but it is also important to collect a comprehensive amount of medical data. This includes x-rays, medical prescriptions and any medical bills
A No Win, No Fee’ solicitor is basically one who will review the case at no cost to the customer. This is a great option for those who want to find out what the legal proceedings are and what options are open to them. If you are looking for a No Win, No Fee’ claims solicitor, it might be advisable to thoroughly research the firm before commencing business.
More information regarding a package holiday compensation claim can be found at the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA). Further help can be found at any good and reputed law firm that you find reliable and efficient.
In order to make a successful claim, what one needs to do first is to amass enough evidence. Medical bills and reports should constitute the main body of the documentation gathered. Furthermore, there is need for first person evidence that is attested by a legal firm.
The next step is to file the complaint and send it to the third party within 28 days. The complaint should be in writing and all the relevant documents must be attached to it. In order to ensure that your claim is foolproof, it is also important that a copy of the sent documents be kept with you.
The claim and complaint has to be filed within 28 days of your stay. For the entire process to be concluded, one has to come to an agreement regarding compensation with the third party. This can take a long time depending on the negotiations that are undertaken.
Injured while on holiday? then you may be eligible to claim compensation. Call Tylers Solicitors today (freephone) on 0800 699 0079.
Let’s Make Things Better
Start your claim today!
We accept Nationwide compensation claims
No matter where you were injured in the UK, Tylers Solicitors are just a telephone call away from giving you expert advice about your compensation claim. If you would like to contact us about claiming compensation in the UK then telephone 0800 699 0079 today for a no obligation chat.