Prescription Mistake Claims
If you want to start a claim for Prescription Mistake then you should discuss your case with a lawyer specialising in Prescription Mistake claims such as Tylers Solicitors. This will ensure that your claim has the best chance of success, because we have the competence and professional expertise required to process a claim for Prescription Mistake.
If you want to proceed with your Prescription Mistake compensation claim then you should call Tylers Solicitors freephone on 0800 699 0079 and we can then proceed to talk you through your Prescription Mistake compensation claim. Alternatively, if you are on your mobile phone, you can call 0333 577 0320, which is free to call with free minutes on your mobile phone.
- Injured in the last 3 years?
- Not your fault?
- Seeking Compensation?
Freephone: 0800 699 0079
(We deal with cases all over the UK)
24 Hours – 7 Days A Week
When you see a doctor, a nurse, or a medical practitioner, you expect for the diagnosis and the medication which is prescribed by that said medical professional to be accurate so that you can get back to yourself. Therefore, when the prescriptions are in mistake and you suffer the consequences of their neglect, you may feel betrayed. Prescription Mistake is a serious thing. Whether the mistake is in the dosage amount, the type of medication prescribed, or the prescribing of a medicine which the medical professional knows to be hazardous to the health of the patient, all can have serious effects including death. If you believe that you have been the victim of Prescription Mistake, here are a few things you should know.
There is a difference between an honest mistake which does not pose a threat to a patient, and negligence. Generally, this line is determined by whether the client could have suffered from or has suffered from physical harm because of the negligence. Non-addictive medications and medications which have an extremely low risk of the client overdosing may be an honest mistake. However, this does not omit such mistakes from a claim if it can be shown that concerns or the professional consensus to using such treatment were presented to the doctor, nurse, or medical practitioner prior to your diagnosis and prescription. It is quite a common mistake and you can make a compensation claim for prescription overdose.
There are several scenarios in which a person could find negligence within the medical profession revolving around prescriptions. Primarily, those which have taken their assigned prescription or were not given the proper medication and suffered injury have more grounds for a claim.
- If your medication prescribed was correct, but the duration in which to take the medicine was in negligence, you may have grounds for a claim. Specifically, if you have suffered from signs of overdosage or if the prescription was not enough and caused the symptoms/illness to return, you may have grounds for a claim.
- Those who have been hospitalized due to the improper dosage prescribed by the doctor, nurse, or medical professional should have grounds for a claim.
- If the medication prescribed caused an allergic reaction due to an element within the medication such as Ceclor, Augmentin, or penicillin and the doctor, nurse, or medical practitioner had such awareness of the patient’s current non-acceptance of such substances, you may have grounds for a claim.
- Those which have had prescriptions which contradict each other or those which have had medications which, when combined, can be harmful to one’s health may have grounds for a claim.
- Persons who have had alcohol, grown dizzy, or operated heavy machinery while under the dosage of medication which was not labelled cautioning the client to participate in such activities while taking the prescription, may be able to file a claim if it can be shown that the lack of proper labelling on the prescription caused bodily harm and endangerment.
- Any individual who has had a loved one die due to a Prescription Mistake definitively has grounds for a claim.
Should you feel that you are a victim of prescription negligence, you are strongly encouraged to seek out the services of a professional claims expert. Additionally, you should get the second opinion of a certified doctor, nurse, or medical professional.
Prescription Mistake claims must be filed within an allotted amount of time. The sooner that a person files the apter that person will be to receive compensation. When filing your claim, you will need to have a copy of the prescription containing the mistake, any documentation showing treatment received because of the Prescription Mistake, and a second opinion from an accredited professional. Any expenses which have incurred because of the Prescription Mistake should be presented to strengthen your case. As all this documentation, must be presented at the proper time and on the proper forms, it is strongly advised that you have legal representation when filing your Prescription Mistake claim.
A compensation service professional should be able to evaluate your claim and to present you with the best option for your claim. Please note that compensation is based upon the gravity of negligence, the gravity of suffering and loss, the likelihood that other professionals in the field could make such a mistake, and the time frame in which the claim was brought forth, among other variables. If you believe that your prescriptions are dangerous for consumption, immediately seek the professional advice of a secondary source. Never continue to take such prescriptions if you feel like they put your life and health in danger without consulting a doctor, nurse, or medical professional to get the reassurance of the safety or danger of your prescription.
If you have any questions regarding prescription errors, please contact us directly.
If you have suffered Prescription Mistake as a result of an incident that wasn’t your fault then you may be able to make a claim. Call Tylers today on (freephone): 0800 699 0079 to see if you can make a claim today.