Tesco Compensation Claims
Got a Question?
- What Can Tesco Compensation Claims Cover?
- How Much Could Your Tesco Compensation Claims be Worth in the UK?
- What are the Most Common Causes of a Tesco Supermarket Injury?
- What are the Common Causes of Spillages and Wet Floors?
- What are Incorrectly Stacked Shelves?
- What Counts as an Unmarked Hazard?
- Can I Claim for Food Poisoning from Tesco?
- What’re the Differences Between Use By, Best Before and Sell By Dates?
- I Suffered Food Poisoning from Tesco’s Café/Deli Counters – Can I Claim?
- Am I Eligible to Make Tesco Compensation Claims in the UK?
- Where Can I Find More Information on Supermarket Injury and Tesco Compensation Claims?
- Why Should I Trust Tylers For Tesco Compensation Claims and Supermarket Injury Compensation?
If you’ve suffered due to a supermarket accident that wasn’t your fault, we’re here for you. Thanks to our no-win, no-fee legal team, you’ll be able to make a claim for compensation. If you’ve sustained any kind of injury or health condition as a result of Tesco’s negligence, we are here for you. Our industry-leading solicitors can help to make Tesco compensation claims on your behalf, including:
- Slips, Trips and Falls, including:
- Slipping on a Wet Floor In-Store.
- Tripping or Falling Due to A Pothole in a Tesco Car Park.
- Falling Due to Incorrectly Fitted Handrails.
- Tripping on Fallen Stock or Loose Shelf Runners.
- Injured by Falling Stock.
- Product Liability Injuries, such as:
- Faulty Products.
- Mis-Sold or Out-of-Date Food Products.
- Unprepared Deli or Café Foods.
If you’ve suffered any kind of serious injury in, or as the result of, a Tesco supermarket, get in touch today. We can work with you to make a successful claim against the company responsible.
The amount of compensation you will receive depends on the severity of your injuries. If you’ve suffered a long-term health condition, you could be entitled to enough money to support you while you’re recovering. The compensation that you receive will depend on a range of different factors, such as:
- Pain, Suffering and General Damages.
- Long-Term Health Conditions.
- Any Travel or Medical Expenses Incurred.
- The Length of the Recovery Period.
- Loss of Wages During Hospitalisation.
- Any Psychological Damages You’ve Suffered.
Below, we’ve listed some of the amounts you could be entitled to with Tesco compensation claims. The amount of compensation you receive will depend on all the factors above, in addition to other personal circumstances. Your final compensation amount will normally be within these guidelines. However, there will be occasions when your compensation amount is higher or lower than the guideline number.
Tesco Compensation Claims Injury Amounts
|Type of Tesco Supermarket Injury||Description of Supermarket Injury||Amount of Compensation|
|Minor to Serious Food Poisoning (Severe Toxicosis)||If you’ve suffered any kind of food poisoning, from minor to severe toxicosis, that wasn’t your fault, you could claim for compensation. These conditions can resolve themselves in a few days or take many months to recover from. It is also possible for the more serious conditions to take years to fully resolve themselves. It is possible for extremely serious toxicosis to cause permanent stomach issues, including IBS and diarrhoea.||£730 to £46,040|
|Minor to Serious Ankle Injuries||If you’ve fallen as a result of a wet floor, spillage or uneven surface that wasn’t clearly marked, you’ll be able to claim compensation. In most cases, these injuries will be resolved within a few weeks. However, some of the more serious injuries can take longer to heal. There is also the risk that these serious ankle injuries can lead to long-term mobility issues.||£1,475 to £53,000.|
|Minor to Serious Head Injuries||If you’ve fallen and suffered a head injury in a supermarket, you’ll be able to make a claim for compensation. There is also the risk that incorrectly stacked shelving can cause stock to fall onto employees and customers. Whether you’ve suffered due to incorrect shelf stocking or a lack of signage around potential hazards, get in touch today. While most of these conditions can be recovered from in a short period of time, there is the risk that a head injury can have long-term health conditions. For serious impacts, there is even the risk of long-term brain damage. As such, it is extremely important that you make Tesco compensation claims following a head injury.||£11,650 to £307,000.|
All retail outlets can be potentially dangerous. Supermarkets in particular need to be maintained correctly, and any hazards identified quickly. The most common causes of a Tesco supermarket injury include:
- Spillages and Wet Floors.
- Incorrectly Stacked Shelves.
- Uneven Surfaces.
- Unmarked Hazards.
The floors of Tesco’s supermarkets can become unsafe due to spillages and other issues, such as neglecting to dry after cleaning the floor. It is also possible for fridges and freezers to leak, creating slippery and unsafe surfaces.
If shelving units are stocked too high or above their weight limit, they can become unsafe. It is possible for these shelves to break, or simply spill stock. This stock can then land on customers or employees working in the affected aisle.
There are many hazards which can create an unsafe space in a Tesco supermarket. These all need to be clearly marked with warning signs or cordoned off to prevent access. These can include:
- Uneven Surfaces.
- Wet Areas.
- Potholes and Trip Hazards.
If Tesco has sold you out of date food, or if you’ve consumed mis-prepared/contaminated food from Tesco’s café/deli, you can make a claim. This food needs to have been sold to you in an unsafe condition or passed its Sell By date.
Supermarkets and retailers use three different dates to represent a food’s conditions. These are:
- Best Before – Can still be sold after the date but may have deteriorated in quality.
- Use By – No product can be sold after its Use By date.
- Sell By – No legal attachments but is used for stock control in retail outlets.
If you’ve suffered food poisoning as a result of food from Tesco’s Café or a Deli Counter, you’ll be able to make a claim directly against the supermarket. Get in touch today for more information.
If you’ve suffered any kind of physical injury or food poisoning that wasn’t your fault, you’ll be able to make a claim for compensation. Whether you’ve suffered a slip, trip or fall, been hit by falling stock or suffered food poisoning, you could be able to make a claim. Here at Tylers Solicitors, our team of no-win, no-fee legal experts can help you to get the compensation you’re entitled to.
Whether you’re a Tesco customer or an employee that has suffered an accident at work, we are here for you. Our team of legal experts can help you to get the compensation you need to move on with your life. We can also provide long-term support throughout the legal case and professional advice as to your chances of success.
If you’re looking for a dedicated and professional legal team to make Tesco compensation claims on your behalf, get in touch today. Our experienced team can work with you to ensure that you get the money and the justice you need to move on with your life. Don’t let Tesco, or any other supermarket or retail outlet, intimidate you or get away by simply offering a refund for affected products. Our legal team are here to help.
- Health and Safety Executive: Health and Safety in the Retail Industry
- Food Standards Agency: Best Before and Use-By Dates
- Health and Safety Executive: Slips and Trips
Here at Tylers Solicitors, we can provide a complete range of no-win, no-fee personal injury services. Our experienced team can work with you to get the supermarket injury compensation that you’re entitled to. If you’re looking to make Tesco compensation claims following a physical injury or food poisoning, get in touch today.
For more information on the wide range of no-win, no-fee legal services we can provide, get in touch today. Whether you sustained an injury as a customer or a Tesco employee, get in touch with our team today. We can provide professional advice, support and complete legal services to suit your needs. You can reach our professional team by calling us directly on 0800 699 0079. You can also choose to email any questions or concerns that you might have through our simple online contact form. Our team of no-win, no-fee legal experts will help you to get the compensation you’re entitled to.
Let’s Make Things Better
Start your claim today!
We accept Nationwide Tesco compensation claims
No matter where you were injured in the UK, Tylers Solicitors are just a telephone call away from giving you expert advice about your Tesco compensation claim. If you would like to contact us about claiming compensation in the UK then telephone 0800 699 0079 today for a no obligation chat.